The Charles Wallace Professional Visits Programme provides assistance to mid-career professionals who wish to undertake short visits to the United Kingdom to broaden their professional knowledge, skills and contacts. The visits may take the form of an attachment to a university department, professional institution, or arts centre. The two principal purposes are, firstly, professional familiarisation and interaction; secondly, study and research. A visit may last for any duration between three weeks to three months, as appropriate for the purpose of the visit.
Charles Wallace Professional Visits Programme
What this award covers
Award-holders will receive a grant of £1,400 per month and a contribution of maximum £1000 towards international travel costs. The award-holders must make all their arrangements in the UK by their own in consultation with their host institution.There is no provision for course or bench fees.
- be Bangladeshi nationals, residing in Bangladesh, aged between 25 - 50
- an invitation letter from the UK institution (for the time that the applicant is intending to work in that institution) is essential and should be attached with the application
- should also provide a standard CV containing no more than two pages of A4 size paper
- apply only in the subject areas listed below.
Eligible subject areas
Eligible disciplines are as follows:
1. Journalism, Mass Communication, Media and Public Relations
2. Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Creative Industries
3. Education and Skills Development (both life and technical skills for economic empowerment)
4. Social Development including Youth Mobilisation, Community Development and Social Enterprise
Applications in other subject areas will not be considered.
How to apply
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel, comprising of representatives from the British Council. All interviews will be held in Dhaka.
Post selection services
The British Council will provide below-listed post selection services to the selected candidates:
- provide visa support letter and guidance for UK visa application
- reimburse the travel cost and disburse the award grant.
All the successful candidates need to complete their visit by the end of March 2018.
Deadline for applications
Last date to receive applications is 3 June 2017.
If you got any questions, please Contact us.