CHARLES WALLACE PROFESSIONAL VISITS PROGRAMME
The Charles Wallace Professional Visits Programme provides assistance to mid-career professionals who wish to undertake short visits to the United Kingdom to broaden their professional knowledge, skills and contacts. The visits may take the form of an attachment to a university department, professional institution, or arts centre. A visit may last for between three weeks and three months. Their two principal purposes are :
- professional familiarisation and interaction
- study and research.
What this award covers?
Award-holders will receive:
- grant of £1,400 per month
- contribution of maximum £800 towards international travel costs
- health insurance for the duration of visit in the UK.
Award holders must make all their own arrangements in the UK in consultation with their host institution. There is no provision for course or bench fees.
- be Bangladeshi nationals, residing in Bangladesh, aged between 25 - 50
- have an invitation letter from the UK institution (for the period of time applied for) and should be attached with the application
- should also provide a standard CV containing no more than two pages of A4 size paper
- apply only in the subject areas listed below.
Eligible subject areas
Eligible disciplines are as follows:
- Arts, humanities and creative industries
- Environment and climate change
- Education and skills development (both life and technical skills for economic empowerment)
- Social development including youth mobilisation, community development and social enterprise.
Applications in other subject areas will not be considered.
How to apply?
Application forms can be downloaded from the link below. Completed applications should:
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel, comprising of representatives from the British Council. All interviews will be held in Dhaka and completed within a month from application submission deadline.
Post selection services
The British Council will provide following post selection services to the selected candidates :
- provide visa support letter and guidance for UK visa application
- reimburse the travel cost and disburse the award grant.
Deadline for applications
Last date to receive applications is 16 April 2016.
If you got any questions, please Contact us.