About this courseCourse details
If you're looking for internationally recognised qualifications from Cambridge University, these are the courses for you. CELTA is aimed at those with little or no experience of teaching English as a foreign language.
How CELTA is delivered?
On the CELTA course you will:
- attend input sessions covering all aspects of teaching English as a second language
- benefit from directed lesson planning and tutorial support
- complete six hours of assessed teaching practice
- get constructive feedback on your teaching practice from your tutors and peers
- complete four assessed assignments (750-1000 words each)
- have the opportunity to observe experienced ELT professionals (six hours in total).
CELTA Course outline:
- 6 hours of observations of experienced British Council teachers at work at our Fuller Road Teaching Centre
- 6 hours of individual, assessed teaching practice
- 1 individual tutorials with a course tutor
- 120 contact hours between candidates and tutors in total, including input, tutorials, supervised lesson planning, and feedback on teaching practice
- 120 additional learning hours for pre-course preparation, reading, research, assignment writing, lesson preparation & record keeping.
By the end of the course you will have:
- a professional, internationally recognised qualification in English Language Teaching to Adults
- a solid foundation in planning and teaching
- the techniques and tools for effective teaching
- been guided through your own development as a teacher
- an awareness to different approaches to ensure student-centred teaching.