We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access or have any questions, please let us know.
Our Uttara teaching centre is located in the main building of International Turkish Hope School, Uttara.
- Airport train station is 1.3km away
- Jashim Uddin bus stop is 400m away.
The drop-off point is at the main entrance (Gate 2) of the school.
This drop-off point is 05m from International Turkish Hope School, Uttara main entrance.
The nearest car, motorbike or taxi drop-off point is outside of the main entrance.
There is also a drop-off point outside the main entrance that can be used by visitors with disabilities. Please contact us before your visit so that we can arrange this.
You can order an accessible taxi, auto rickshaw and UBER from the main entrance.
The Uttara teaching centre has a car park outside of main entrance (Gate 2).
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to the teaching centre is provided via the main entrance on the ground floor of International Turkish Hope School. The main door is accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users via ramp or lift.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- there is a set of five steps leading up to the main entrance
- the width of the main entrance door is 97cm.
INSIDE THE BUILDING
Before you enter the building you will need to go through a security check. This involves you and your bag being checked.
If you have any concerns about the security check, please contact us before your visit.
There are two customer service desks 1.22m on the right-hand side of the main entrance. Our staff will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
The ground floor of the teaching centre features some wide level corridors accessible to visitors using wheelchairs. Other sections of the building have steps up and down, for which there are no ramps. The other floors are accessible by stairs and lift.
There is a café on the ground floor close to the assembly point.
- there are classrooms on the ground floors
- these classrooms are equipped with computers and tablets with screen magnifiers and screen reader software.
There are no accessible meeting rooms.
LIFT AND STAIRS
You can reach the other floors by lift or stairs.
- the lift is a passenger lift
- the lift door width is 84 cm
- the lift has an audible announcer
- the stairs have a handrail on the right-hand side.
Please contact us before your visit if you think the lift will be unsuitable for you so that we can make alternative arrangements.
There is an accessible toilet on the left-hand side of ground floor. It is suitable for people using wheelchairs.
- the width of the toilet door is 91 cm. The door opens outwards.