This Agreement is set out based on these terms and conditions under which the British Council offers courses.
Applicable for all Students (Adult and Young Learners)
- Refunds and Credits – Course fees
- Any kind of Refund processing Admin Fee is BDT 2000
- British Council Bangladesh Teaching Centre will give credits and refunds only under the following circumstances:
a) Serious illness. We will require you to produce a medical certificate as evidence
b) Change of Academic timetable of the British Council
c) Compassionate reasons such as bereavement or serious illness of a family member. We will require a copy of the death certificate or documentation from the hospital/doctor
d) All the evidence should reach British Council within 7 working days
e) Where classes are cancelled by the British Council and a make-up lesson is not possible, we will provide refunds except where classes are cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (force majeure)
f) British Council does not offer replacement classes for classes missed due to absence for any reason (example: school replacement, sick leave)
g) Approved credits are valid for 6 months. Approved refunds will take a minimum of 4 working weeks to process
h) If Govt. imposes Covid-19 restrictions and the British Council is forced to take online classes, then, in that case, no refund will be accepted if the student is not able to join an online class. No makeup class/cover class will be arranged. If a student applied for a course fee’s refund, then per missed class money will be deducted along with admin process fees while processing the refund
i) British Council Bangladesh Teaching Centre reserves its right to change, amend, add, or delete any of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice to our existing customers.
- Course Transfer Policy
- Any transfer is subject to the availability of places in the class
2. Students are not allowed to transfer a course from one semester/term to another semester term if the present enrolled semester/term has been started
3. Online to Face to Face (F2F) Class or vice versa course transfer is not acceptable
4. Any kind of Transfer processing Admin Fee is BDT 2000
5. British Council Bangladesh Teaching Centre will allow Course Transfer only under the following circumstances:
a. From one term to another term if the class capacity is available and seven days before of present enrolled term start date
b. Change of Class timing (same level) within the present term based on class capacity
c. Term to Term transfer is available only in case of a medical emergency (if the present term already started). In that case, students must apply for class transfer with proper medical documents, reports etc
d. The British Council Bangladesh Teaching Centre reserves its right to change, amend, add, or delete any of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice to our existing customers.
- myClass policy
Students will receive a credit refund in the following situations:
- A maximum of 2 lesson credits for any missed classes due to unforeseen circumstances
- A maximum of 10 lesson credits for any missed classes due to medical reasons. The student must submit medical documentation which clearly shows the sickness period to receive any lesson credit refund.
Extension of Course Expiry Date:
Students’ course expiry date will be extended in the following situations:
- A maximum 10-day extension upon general requests
- A 30-day extension due to medical reasons. The student must submit medical documentation which clearly shows the sickness period to receive the extension.
- Course certificate policy
- Course certificates for online classes will be delivered via email
- Course certificates for face-to-face classes will be delivered in the last class
- The retention period for an uncollected certificate is 6 months
- Certificate reprint fee BDT 2000
The British Council reserves its right to change, amend, add, or delete any of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice to our existing customers. Any changes made in the terms and conditions will be updated in our website at the following link: https://www.britishcouncil.org.bd/en/english
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities.