Turn your child into a voracious reader with the British Council Reading for Life programme– an exciting online reading and learning experience for children between ages of 7-12 years. Especially curated by the British Council, this programme aims to take your child on a journey from ‘Learning to Read’ to ‘Reading to Learn’ and help them grow as an engaged reader.
The three-week online programme challenges kids to read at least one book every week from our curated online collection of eBooks, audio books and graphic novels that will suit varied level of reading among children.
While the different format of books will help children to strengthen their reading and listening skills, our expert curated workshops, book discussion activities and book review tasks will support them in enhancing their writing and inferring skills along with boosting their creativity as well as critical thinking.
Interested? Register today and let you child be part of this memorable reading adventure!
Programme starts on Saturday 03 February 2024. So, hurry and book your seats!
|Click here to register for the programme
|If you are a British Council library member, click here and avail special members only fee
Know more about the programme:
- Promote the love for reading among children
- Help children grow as motivated, confident and engaged readers
- Introduce children to a wide range of authors and literature
- Encourage children to participate in group activities and help them develop their writing and speaking skills
- Enhance their creativity, presentation and independent thinking skills
- Provide children a happy and memorable learning experience.
How does the programme work?
- Will have access to our online library
- Reads at least ‘three books in three weeks’ to complete the challenge.
- Writes and submits a review after reading each book.
- Participates in two specially designed workshops and one book discussion during the three-week programme
- Receives a Certificate of Achievement endorsed by the British Council.