There are approximately 20,000 UK alumni living and working in Bangladesh, many of them using their knowledge and experience from the UK to create positive impact in the country.
The British Council in Bangladesh is supporting the formation and strengthening of a common association and platform for all UK alumni in the country. The Bangladesh-UK Alumni Network (BUKAN) will help acknowledge the contribution of UK alumni to Bangladeshi society, as well as further strengthen UK-Bangladesh relations.
Aims of BUKAN
- To develop a networking tool for UK alumni across Bangladesh
- To complement the work of other alumni organisations by offering access to a vast network of professionals and sector experts
- To become largely self-sufficient (although the British Council or partners may be willing to provide funding for a limited period)
- Studied/worked in UK for minimum of six months
- Can provide necessary supporting documents relating to that period
- Returned to Bangladesh afterwards
- A networking platform for professional development
- Opportunity to work together towards the country’s future development
- Sharing valuable experience with current students who wish to study in the UK
- Exploring opportunities within this network and other UK-based organisations in Bangladesh
If you are interested in being a part of BUKAN, and meet the eligibility criteria, please complete the short online registration form.