Come and spend an exciting evening with the performers of the Nottingham Band of the Royal Engineers. You are invited to enjoy the band's powerful performance live at our garden.
The Nottinghamshire Band of the Royal Engineers was founded in 2007 by WO2 Paul Thomas during a significant reorganisation of military bands in the UK. There are now 21 regular and 20 army reserve bands who provide musical support to all military and state ceremonial events.
The Nottinghamshire band of the Royal Engineers is a reserved band made up of 32 musicians which, as well as their military roles, all have full-time employment outside of the army in jobs ranging from teaching to retail.
On 24 April 2019, there will be 06 female and one male musician, playing a variety of brass and woodwind instruments as well as a percussionist. Cpl Isobel Summerfield will lead the deployment. We have;
- Cpl Isobel Summerfield (French horn)
- Lcpl Maria Putman (Soprano Saxophone)
- Lcpl Edward Swindell (Trombone)
- Lcpl Rebecca Swindell (Percussion)
- Musn Lucinda Ryder (Soprano Saxophone)
- Musn Rosemary Lord (Baritone saxophone)
- Musn Elizabeth Pearce (Trombone)
This is a unique opportunity to experience this sort of military music. The event is free and open for all. So, don't miss it!