Open call for artistic proposals
Funding of up to £50k available for new artistic projects
Transforming Narratives is a project to establish Birmingham as a global centre for contemporary arts from Pakistan and Bangladesh. The project brings together artists and cultural organisations from across artforms, who are located in Birmingham or cities in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Transforming Narratives allows for new ideas and artistic practices to be shared, leading to the creation of new work that will give previously unheard voices an international platform.
There are three funding opportunities available:
- Exchanges: Supporting work that brokers new partnerships or develops existing ones through international residencies, exchanges and critical dialogue in Birmingham, Pakistan or Bangladesh. Funding of up to £3,000 available. To apply for the Exchanges grant, please go through these details.
- Collaborative Projects: Supporting the showcasing of contemporary art work and building long-lasting cross-country relationships. Funding of up to £50,000 available. To apply for the Collaborative Projects grant, please go through these details.
- Reciprocal Showcasing: Supporting ambitious cross-country collaboration projects to develop new work and build on existing ideas. Funding of up to £20,000 available. To apply for the Reciprocal Showcasing grant, please go through these details.
How to Apply
1. Please go through the details of the grant opportunity best suited for you
2. Download the form below
3. Send the form as an attachment along with required documentation to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The subject of the email should be the criteria you are applying for (Exchanges Proposal / Collaborative Project Proposal / Reciprocal Showcasing Proposal)
5. Please note that the deadline for submission of applications is 31 October 2019, 05.30 P.M. (GMT).
Click here for full details regarding the open call for artistic proposals for Transforming Narratives.