Reading is fun – and it is also one of the useful ways of learning a new language.
We have been running a Book Reading Competition since 2010 in partnership with different educational institutions to provide students with the opportunity to read literature from around the world in simplified English. The competition involves the following activities:
- reading books
- taking part in an assessment.
Competition information and eligibility
- To enter the competition, students must belong to a participating institution
- Students from KG to university are eligible to take part in the competition
- Schools, Colleges and Universities can take the competition where the minimum number of participants would be 200 (per session)
- There will be a set of selected books for each class/semester. Book(s) will be selected in coordination with the individual institution
- the participation fee is BDT 300 (per student per session).
All participating students will get a certificate of participation. Participants who score at least 40% in the assessment will receive a certificate for successful completion. Those that score 70% and above will win attractive prizes from the British Council.
All participants from KG to Class II will receive a certificate of attendance and a book as the prize.
For further information, please contact Dhaka library.