Message for Private Candidates
We are aware that there are some cases where students leave schools and then study at private tuition centre before making exam entries as private candidates. Please make sure that you are aware of the challenges you may face before you decide to enter as a private candidate.
- Private candidates will have to travel to another part of the city for their different examinations. This is because we organise the exam venues according to the locations of our partner schools. This means that we cannot guarantee that your exam will be close to your home. Therefore, you will face extra travel time
- British Council preference is that all candidates under 18 years old register for their exam entry through a British Council partner school. This will give you a greater range of options during any pandemic, as well as better academic support in preparing for your exams
- in case of cancellations,you will not be able to participate in any assessed grades processes arranged by UK examination boards
- in case of cancellations, you will need to withdraw your entry and enter for next series or attach to a British Council partner school (paying applicable school admission fees at the last minute, subject to availability of admissions at short notice)
- British Council partner schools benefit from ongoing Teacher Training and other support to develop a quality delivery towards UK qualifications and therefore it is in the interests of students to continue and complete their course of study at a British Council partner school
We wish all students academic success.