Before you book your test
- Make sure you have your passport at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or in person. Pay when you register or within 48 hours by any of these 3 options:
- Online via Mastercard, VISA or AMEX debit/credit cards, DBBL Nexus, bKash, Rocket
If you choose to pay later, log in to the Candidate Area and pay online under the tab ‘Payment Info.’ After payment, go to the ‘Upload Documents’ tab and upload a clear scanned copy of your passport
- At Standard Chartered Bank Service 1 Branches
- Go to one of our IELTS registration centres (IRCs) to make payment
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation before the five days before your test giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within seven days before or two days after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation email mentioning the Speaking Test date and venue, five days before the main test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.