Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive and free access to our 'IELTS Ready Premium' and 'Road to IELTS full version' preparation bundle, which includes 50+ practise tests, modeled answers, feedback from IELTS experts and more.
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc).
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||BDT 20,250||Find a test date
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||BDT 20,250||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||BDT 22,550||Find a test date
|IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||BDT 22,550||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||BDT 18,600||Find a test date|
What you need to book
- A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a scan of your ID (passport or national ID). It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16
- A bank card. You can pay through our online booking system or in person. Pay when you register or within 24 hours by any of these 3 options:
- Online via Mastercard, VISA or AMEX debit/credit cards, DBBL Nexus, bKash, Rocket
If you choose to pay later, log in to the Candidate Area and pay online under the tab ‘Payment Info.’ After payment, go to the ‘Upload Documents’ tab and upload a clear scanned copy of your payment slip or the PDF money receipt if you make the payment online.
- At Standard Chartered Bank Service 1 Branches
- Go to one of our IELTS registration centres (IRCs) to make payment
After you have booked your test
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.